Saturday, February 9, 2013

Polar Plunge 2013

Whew hew! Today was my first time participating in the Polar Plunge! Some of you might ask 'what is that?' It is the largest fundraiser of the year for the Special Olympics. My dear friend Diane and I made a deal a while ago that we would do this together and that is just what we did! I set a goal to raise $50 (minimum to participate) and raised $195!!
Before the Plunge, I was really nervous and scared! It was 40 degrees outside, which meant the water was...lets say FREEZING!  A dear friend of mine, Sara, volunteered to go with me and take pics/video of the action she did a fabuous job! My great friend Diane and I took the Plunge...whew it was cold but not bad at all! We ran in holding hands..popped a squat and ran out screaming! It was so awesome! The great cause is what this was really about not us being cold for a few minutes. There were so many people participating, very inspirational for sure! Next year, we are getting a team together to raise even more! my Saturday feels very full :)

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Fancy!! Looking forward to reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Denise! Keep it interesting for everyone;)

    ReplyDelete